How much does a car lift cost? This isn’t a cut and dry answer because it will depend on the type of lift you are looking for. The common 2-post lift for cars and light trucks is the least expensive and industrial-capable scissor lifts will cost the most. For the majority of small mechanic shops and personal use garages, you will be looking for either the 2-post lift or 4-post lift. On average, you can expect to spend the following amounts on the various types of auto lifts:
- Two or four-post lifts that can lift approximately 10,000 pounds will run you between $1,700 and $4,500. Of these, the 2-post lifts are nearer the low end and the 4-post lifts near the upper end.
- Two and four-post lifts that can lift even more weight, up to 15,000 pounds cost between three and eight thousand dollars.
- If you are looking for a model that is in-ground, you can expect to pay between seven and fourteen thousand dollars.
In addition to purchasing the actual mechanic shop equipment, you will have other costs to consider when you are planning what a car lift costs. These additional costs will vary depending on what your space already has and how much of the work you can do yourself. When purchasing an auto lift, plan for:
Depending on the type of car lift you plan to install, the amount of work will vary and so will the cost. Plan on adding anywhere from 300 to 500 dollars for hiring someone to install a 2-post or 4-post lift. A larger lift or an in-ground one can cost a great deal more. You can expect to pay anywhere from $300 to $1000 for installation if it is not included in the original purchase cost.
– Some lifts work on standard electricity available in homes, but others require a 220 line that may not be available. Electrical work is something that requires a licensed professional, and you will need to compare pricing to get the best deal.
– This includes such things as additional lifts for 4-post models to create easier access to the undercarriage.
For all your questions about lifts and other mechanic shop equipment, contact one of our trained representatives. At Mechanic Outlet, we offer all the tools you need to create a well-stocked home or professional workspace, all at prices you can feel good about.